- With a salad, ask for the dressing on the side. Normally salads at restaurants include cheese, and this will be enough fat for your meal. If possible, choose a vinegrette dressing, rather than a creamy one.
- Ask for a baked potato, boiled potatoes or extra vegetables instead of chips. Chips contain transfats which are very harmful to your body, also it is quite disgusting to think of your food being deep fried in oil you have no idea what they contain...
- Eat slowly, and finish when you are full. Don't continue eating just because there is still food on your plate (This is probably one of the hardest things to do if you are a food lover like me!)
- Ask for grilled meats instead of fried.
- Don't add ketchup or other extra sauces to your dish - these can very quickly add up your calories!
- you CAN do it
- it DOES work for you
- you HAVEN'T tried everything
Making a real change in your life means taking a step into the unknown. Taking this step makes a lot of people scared. They fear they will fail, they fear the change will be too hard. Finding the courage and determination is what stops most peope from changing their habits.
Because habits are what make us feel safe, no matter if the habits are destructive or constructive. To break a destructive habit, means you have to review your perception of what bringsyou comfort, benefits and happiness. You need to recognize that there is a problem, reflect on it and think of what advantages (and disadvantages) making a change would do to your life. Without these "realisations", as I would call it, I'm afraid you won't be able to go further than "wanting to change".
The will to change has to come from within yourself, noone else can make the change for you. If you find this inner motivation, you are already one big step towards the life you want.
I have just finished my functional training workout, and confirmed that working out in the late afternoon/evening is the best time for me. I have a lot more energy and power and can make much moe effort in my exercise. About to jump in the shower, then it's getting close to preparing dinner...